Resources for Patients and Families
Clinical research is the only way that promising science will become treatments and cures for ALD/AMN. Patients and caregivers are all incredibly important to this process. ALD Connect is committed to providing accurate, up-to-date information for all stakeholders in the clinical research process.
FDA Resources on Orphan Diseases
In conjunction with Rare Disease Day 2014, FDA has launched a new website with resources for Patients, Advocacy Groups, Research Investigators and Drug Developers. FDA’s goal is to make these educational resources accessible to a broad audience. While the table below identifies the intended audience for each of the topics, these educational resources are meant to serve as a beneficial tool to all rare disease stakeholders. Additional cross-cutting rare disease topics will continue to be added to this webpage over time.
ALD Connect Trial Resources
Search for a trial or clinical research study that is right for you:
- Clinical Trials 101: Learn more about participating in clinical research.
- Trial News: Learn about the latest developments in ALD/AMN clinical research.
- Click Here for a paper on diagnosis & treatment guildelines for adrenal insufficiency from the Endoctine Society.
- Click Here to visit Adrenal Insufficiency United (AIU) to learn more about Adrenal Insufficiency. They have products you can purchase to notify others that you have have Adrenal Insufficiency in case of an emergency.
- Click here to look at available kits and products.
ALD Educational Webinars
Attend an online seminar about critical clinical trial topics. Learn more.
Find an ALD/AMN Specialist in Your Area
Find a clinic in your area that provides multidisiplinary care for ALD/AMN. Find a doctor.